Re: [AMBER] CENTOS 6.6 :ERROR - INSTALLATION OF AMBERTOOLS14/AMBER14

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 06:42:56 -0400

Your email came out mangled and all of the lines were crammed together,
making it *very* difficult to read your email. I'm not sure how or why
this happened, but you will probably get better answers if you are able to
send a properly formatted email.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:06 PM, <vitonoja.yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1.Please, I recently got Amber14.2.I tried repeatedly to install
> AmberTools14 but I keep getting error messageseach time I entered command:
> ./configuregnu.Please,really need assistance from any member of the amber
> group to enable me setupthe AmberTools14 and Amber14 software. “ERROR:The
> X11 libraries are not in theusual location!To search for them try the
> command:locate libXtOn new Fedora OS’s install libXt-devel libXext-devel
> libX11-devellibICE-devel libSM-devel packagesOn old Fedora OS’s install the
> xorg-x11-devel packageOn RedhatOS’s install the XFree86-devel packageOn
> UbuntuOS’s install the xorg-dev packageTo build Amber withoutXLEaP re-run
> configure with ‘-noX11’: ./configure –noX11 gnuConfigure failed due to the
> errors above!”The command: locate libXt gave thefollowing message:Locate:
> can can stat ( )‘/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db’: No such file or
> directory.MYWORRIES AND FEARS!1. I do not want use Amber without XLEap
> as suggested in theerror meaasge.2. Where is the usual location X11
> libraries in linux3. The locale libXt did not resolve the problem but
> only gavethe output: “Locate: can can stat ( )
> ‘/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db’: No such file ordirectory.”

​This just means you don't have the locate database (mlocate.db) created.
I think you can do something like "updatedb" to build it, but that's really
not important. CentOS is a very common OS to use -- it is the free part of
Red Hat (as you mentioned), and based on the Fedora release line (Fedora is
the test bed for "new" softwares, while everything deemed "stable" gets
rolled into the RHEL/CentOS releases).

As such, you should be able to follow any instructions you find for Fedora
or Red Hat in order to install the necessary prerequisite packages
(including the X11 packages needed for xleap).

See http://ambermd.org/ubuntu.html for instructions (and follow the yum
command given for Fedora).

HTH,

BioMaPS,