Re: [AMBER] Arrangement of molecules in 3D packed state

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 17:04:50 -0700

The right way to simulate in principle is to pack the actual unit cell,
so there'd only be one copy of your structure, which would rely on Ewald
for terms from summed images. If you wanted more copies you'd have to
replicate the unit cell, which might require other software. But even
then you'd have to make sure the aggregate cell was supported by Amber,
which is geared more toward solvation than crystal simulations. If you
solvate the molecule with itself using leap, you will get a lattice of
molecules bearing no relation to the crystal structure.

Bill