[AMBER] Arrangement of molecules in 3D packed state

From: jacob wick <jacobwick.la.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 00:00:25 +0530

Dear all,

I have a crystal structure of an organic molecule from crystallographic
database. I want to see how the molecule will look like in packed state
(arrangement of the molecules in 3-D) i.e. when it is not alone but in the
presence of many such molecules in the solid packed state.

I am not getting any references for performing such study but one way which
I can think about is:

1. Creating .frcmod, .prepin and .lib file of that molecule.
2. In tleap, Using solvateoct command, constructing a box having many
copies of that molecule and equilibrating the box.

Is it the right way to perform the desired study? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Jac