Re: [AMBER] Unsupported CUDA version 7.0 detected.

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:39:09 -0700

Hi Emilio,

I think Jason missed the 'amber 12' here - max cuda for amber 12 is 5.5. I recommend using 5.0 for optimum performance. That should work fine with AMBER 12. However...

The Maxwell (GTX9XX and GTX-Titan-X) architecture is not supported in AMBER 12 - nor will it be. As such for a GTX970 you have to upgrade to Amber 14 unfortunately (which currently needs cuda 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 or 6.5). It would simply be too much work to back port Maxwell support to AMBER 12 since the underlying code architecture has changed so much.

Sorry...

All the best
Ross