[AMBER] Trouble recomputing aMD boost from amdlog/mdout

From: Brian Radak <brian.radak.accts.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 14:42:02 -0500

As per my previous note that aMD log energies do not correspond to the
mdcrd coordinates, I am trying to recompute the aMD boost based on output
from imin = 5 (apparently iamd > 0 is not valid with sander when not
running MD).

In any event, I tried re-doing the calculations in amdlog "by hand" and am
having some trouble. The dihedral boost energies are matching up perfectly,
with differences of <10^-9. However, the total potential boost energies are
nearly always off by ~0.1 kcal/mol. By manually fiddling with the input
potential energy, I could see in a few examples that adding ~1.5 kcal/mol
caused the error to mostly disappear.

At first I thought that maybe some of the more exotic CHARMM force field
terms were being omitted (I'm using a chamber prmtop), but now I'm pretty
sure it's because the boost for the total potential energy is being
computed with the dihedral boost energy included. This was not the behavior
I expected given the nature of the amdlog output; is this intentional? I'm
not really sure this will affect simulations all that much, but I thought
I'd bring it up anyway.

Cheers,
Brian

--