[AMBER] Free energy calculation of ligand binding energy: Thermodynamic integration - long range dispersion correction - recalculate trajectory with different potential

From: <vladimir.palivec.marge.uochb.cas.cz>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 12:57:35 +0200

Hello again,

 I am wondering if anyone has encountered this before. Basically what I am
trying to do is this :

http://www.alchemistry.org/wiki/GROMACS_4.6_example:_n-phenylglycinonitrile_binding_to_T4_lysozyme

to calculate binding energy of a ligand to protein. I have done almost all
the steps, however, i would like also to do long range dispersion
correction. In order to do this, you have to rerun your simulation at
lambda = 1 and lambda = 0 with different cut-offs (eg. 9A and 30A). In
other words, I want to calculate energy of a system at each step within
certain trajectory using cutoff1 = 9A and cutoff2 = 10A and compare the
results. However, I have not found any way to do this. I assume to somehow
utilize imin=5 with thermodynamic integration (I have done calculations
using pmemd, but pmemd does no support imin=5), and sander.

Thank you very much for any advice,

Vlada