Re: [AMBER] About TIP4-Ew water model usage

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:53:54 -0400

On Tue, 2015-03-17 at 16:01 +0530, Saikat Dutta chowdhury wrote:
> Hello Amber users,
>
> I am trying to do a MD simulation using ff99SB_ildn force field with
> TIP4P-Ew water model.
> To generate the prmtop and inpcrd files I used following:
>

> *#Building topology and coordinate file*source leaprc.ff99SBildn
>
> *loadamberparams frcmod.tip4pewloadamberparams frcmod.ionsjc_tip4pew*
> WAT = T4E

The WAT = T4E line is unnecessary, I think (at least it had no effect
when I ran a quick test).

> test = loadpdb test_wild_type.pdb
> #charge test
>
> addions test Cl- 0
>
> *solvateoct test TIP4PEWBOX 10.0*
>
> saveamberparm test test_wt_box.prmtop test_wt_box.inpcrd
> savepdb test test_wt_box.pdb
>
> quit
>

> My question is whether this is the way to incorporate the TIP4P-Ew model or
> not.

Looks OK to me.

> Please mention if anything else is required for generating topology and
> coordinate files.

Not specifically relating to using the TIP4PEw model. Chapter 3 section
10 of the Amber manual walks through picking a solvent model.

> Also are there any other points I have to keep in mind during energy
> minimization and equilibration?

There's really nothing different between TIP4PEw and TIP3P in terms of
simulation protocol.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University