Re: [AMBER] Decomposition of the MMGBSA based on multi trajectory input

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:00:19 +0100

Hi Bill,

just faced with the error of the post-processing of such trajectories
and topologiest

1) here I'm using ante-MMPBSA.py just to create three input topologies
for mmgbsa.py providing already stripped topology (only protein and
ligand).

  ante-MMPBSA.py -p ${sim}/strip.protein.parm7 -c complex.prmtop -r
receptor.prmtop -l ligand.prmtop -n :MOL

2) then I use three generated prmtops (here I checked it according to
the number of atoms in each- all should be correct for first instance)
as well as 2 stripped trajectories as the inputs for the mmgbsa:
  nmpirun -np 16 MMPBSA.py.MPI -O -i mmgbsa.in -o
mmgbsa_nm_${simulation}.dat -sp ${sim}/strip.protein.parm7 -cp
${sim}/strip.protein.parm7 -rp receptor.prmtop -y
${sim}/merged_md1_2.nc ${sim}/striped_md3.nc -lp ligand.prmtop >
progress.log 2>&1" > ./mmgbsa_${simulation}.pbs

3) having input file for the decomposition

&general
startframe= 1, interval=50, keep_files=2, netcdf=1
/
&gb
igb=5, saltcon=0.150,
/
&decomp
idecomp=1, csv_format=0, dec_verbose=0,

the calculation is begining- so there is no problems with any of
inputs- but occasionally I've obtained error

Exiting. All files have been retained.
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 13
CalcError: /home/cmoon/Prog/amber12/bin/cpptraj failed with prmtop
/home/cmoon/total_decomp/5p3_carvone/strip.protein.parm7!
Error occured on rank 14.

How it could be fixed most trivially?

James