Re: [AMBER] Inability to use antechamber on Anion

From: <hannes.loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:19:57 +0000

Why would you think it is the charge syntax? You should indeed have 42 electrons and a total charge of -1.

What you need to do is look into the file sqm.out to see what went wrong (probably the wave function couldn't be converged somewhere along the geometry optimisation). This is one of the weaker points of antechamber (basically because of the odd design): clear error messages.

It is also unclear to me why you would want to get the structure from Gaussian and then compute AM1/BCC charges on top of this.

Cheers,
Hannes.