[AMBER] Inability to use antechamber on Anion

From: Robert Molt <rwmolt07.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:04:32 -0500

Good evening,

I am attempting to work through the following tutorial:

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial15/Tutorial2.xhtml

In this tutorial, one must use antechamber for BF4- ion. Rather than use
the GUI of Amber, I made the initial BF4- structure out of a Gaussian09
output file. In attempting to create a parameter file for BF4-, using
the following command:

antechamber -i 1.log -fi gout -o bf4.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc -nc -1

I receive the error of

"Total number of electrons: 42; net charge: -1

Running: /usr/local/stow/amber14/bin/sqm -O -i sqm.in -o sqm.out
Error: cannot run "/usr/local/stow/amber14/bin/sqm -O -i sqm.in -o
sqm.out" of bcc() in charge.c properly, exit"

I am confused as to the nature of this error message. Can someone
advise? Seemingly, my syntax for the charge is wrong (but the analogue
worked fine for a cation). Thank you for your time,

--
Dr. Robert Molt Jr.
r.molt.chemical.physics.gmail.com