Re: [AMBER] restraining the torsion

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 10:35:10 -0500

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015, Lara rajam wrote:

> For PPA - Pseudo rotation phase angle when generating the makeANG_RST with
> the option PPA I also checked the file in the path
> $AMBERHOME/src/nmr_aux/prepare_input/tordef.lib has the predefined angles
> for it
>
> # PSEUDO-ROTATION PHASE defined in terms of the NU angles
> PSEUDO CYT PPA NU0 NU1 NU2 NU3 NU4
>
> I would like to give the torsion restrain to the GLYCAM carbohydrate pahse
> angle ,
> How to generate the restrain file for this residues in particular using
> makeANG_RST

I don't think there is an easy or general answer here. You could work through
what makeANG_RST doing, and adapt it to your situation (noting that there is
no single "GLYCAM carbohydrate phase angle", and that five vs. six-membered
rings are quite different.)

Perhaps easier is just to write the restraints you want into &rst namelists.
In this way, you don't have to worry about makeANG_RST. The makeANG_RST
program is helpful if you have lots of reptitive restraints of the same
general form.

...good luck....dac