Re: [AMBER] pressure fluctuation problem

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 08:35:20 -0500

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 3:05 AM, Aditya Sarkar <aditya.molbio.gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have gone through three of your posts, where it is stated that due to the
> small isothermal compressibility of liquid this happens. But my question is
> can it be as high as 15.00 bar?

​Yes.

​Look at the ​standard deviation of the pressures -- you will see that it
is *very* large (it typically fluctuates between -1000 and 1000 bar). You
should calculate the standard error of your mean to determine if 15 bar is
significantly different than 1 bar.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University