Re: [AMBER] pressure fluctuation problem

From: Aditya Sarkar <aditya.molbio.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:55:16 +0530

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for your reply.

What I understand from your answer is that the pressure can fluctuate from
-1000 to 1000 bar and hence the average can not be always 1bar.

As you suggested to look for standard error of mean pressure, i have note
down the average pressure and their RMS fluctuation and these are:

restart mean pressure RMS fluctuation
prodrun1 0.7 111.3
prodrun2 -8.2 116.1
prodrun36 11.5 108.5

Do you want to say that the max and min of each mean value are actually
within the range and hence the means does not differ significantly?

If this is true that the pressure fluctuates so largely then why we use
baostat at 1bar and use the constant pressure term (I am bit confused)???

And one more silly request, can you suggest me books from which I can get
these details regarding the MD simulation.

Looking forward for your reply.

Aditya