[AMBER] Water diffusion - in 2D and 3D

From: Vijay Achari <glycoamber.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:11:24 +0800

Dear experts,

I have two questions to ask.

a) I tried to calculate water diffusion in hydrated bilayer system using
two commands from ambertools14, *diffusion* and
*stfcdiffusion.*

I understand the *diffusion* command does calculate the average of movement
of every atoms in a molecules frame-wise. While the *stfcdiffusion* command
calculate the diffusion of center of mass (COM) of molecule's atoms in a
system

I wish to know which method is more appropriate to use in a reasonable way?

b) In a hydrated lipid bilayer system, do we calcualte the water diffusion
in 2D (x-y) or 3D (x-y-z)?

Thank you.
Vijay