Re: [AMBER] MD cis-azobenzene error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 18:43:35 -0500

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Anya Leach <aleach4.mix.wvu.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have run into the following error after attempting to run MD on cis
> azobenzene:
>

> *Error opening unit 30: File "vac_cis2.rst" is missing or unreadable*
> I have altered the frcmod file by changing the ca-ne-nf-ca dihedral bonds
> form 0.0 to 180.0 (following suggestion in this email exchange
> http://archive.ambermd.org/200804/0125.html).

​This problem seems unrelated to the frcmod file to me.
​​

> ​​
> The molecule remained in cis after therminimization (as seen in VMD through
> ​​
> vac_cis2.rst output), but sander is not reading this rst file for MD. I am
> ​​
> unsure how to resolve this issue.

​Is it in the same directory you are running sander from?​ What is the
sander command that you are running? Unit 30 is *not* the inpcrd file
(that is unit 9 if memory serves), nor is it the restart file.

​Perhaps you accidentally used the wrong command-line flags?

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher