Re: [AMBER] Error: Unable to run flex; this is required for NAB and antechamber Please check your PATH, or install the program

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 09:07:51 -0500

> On Feb 2, 2015, at 8:47 AM, vijay kumar narsapuram <nvijay1991.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am using ubuntu 13.04.
>
> which flex gave:/usr/local/bin/flex

This is a problem. Where did this flex come from? What seems to have happened is that you installed something to /usr/local that includes a program called “flex” that is conflicting with the system flex inside /usr/bin.

You need to make sure that when the “flex” program is run, the one inside /usr/bin/flex is used instead of /usr/local/bin/flex. You can do this in a couple ways:

1. Rearrange your PATH environment variable so that /usr/bin comes *before* /usr/local/bin.
2. Delete the /usr/local/bin/flex program (if you don’t need that program, this might be the best route)
3. Change “flex” in the config.h file to “/usr/bin/flex” to make sure it uses the “correct” program. I’m not positive that this will work, but if it does it would probably be the easiest option.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher