Re: [AMBER] Fwd: NVE GPU question

From: Joseph Baker <bakerj.tcnj.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:22:59 -0500

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I will try playing with the SHAKE tolerance to see
what happens with dt=0.002. I guess I should also point out that we we were
also seeing worse-than-typical energy conservation for the cases where we
were using dt=0.001 and no SHAKE at all, so that wouldn't explain those
cases I guess?

I tried adjusting rsum_tol just now and was given the error that rsum_tol
is only used if ew_type = 1, so I tried setting ew_type to 1 (default is
0), and then get the error that ew_type must be 0 for pmemd. So apparently
this is not changeable when using pmemd? I'll try adjusting just dsum_tol
down a few orders of magnitude and see how that influences the drift.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Joe