Re: [AMBER] AmberTools14 MMPBSA CalcError with complex.prmtop and SA Bomb in use_sander=1

From: Kenneth Huang <kennethneltharion.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 23:46:23 -0500

Ray,

It does give an InputError when I try to add in space=1.0 to the py script.
But setting space=1.0 in the pb.mdin and running mmpbsa_py_energy does
complete successfully- the memory usage drops to 18%, while it hovers near
54% when space=0.5 in pb.mdin. I'm guessing that the memory usage jumps
even more when running MMPBSA.py to the point that it crashes, since I was
also able to get it to successfully run on another computer with more
memory- is the lower memory usage why I'm able to run pb.mdin through
mmpbsa_py_energy?

Likewise, I realize the most obvious solution to this problem would be to
get more memory on my workstation, but out of curiosity could I run the
respective .mdin for the receptor/ligand/complex manually through
mmpbsa_py_energy as a work around as well?

But thanks for the insight!

Best,

Kenneth