Re: [AMBER] AmberTools14 MMPBSA CalcError with complex.prmtop and SA Bomb in use_sander=1

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 09:51:28 -0800

Kenneth,

> is the lower memory usage why I'm able to run pb.mdin through
> mmpbsa_py_energy?

Yes. This is correct. So Wes hasn't put the grid space key word in the
python script. We'll add more control keywords in the next release.

> Likewise, I realize the most obvious solution to this problem would be to
> get more memory on my workstation, but out of curiosity could I run the
> respective .mdin for the receptor/ligand/complex manually through
> mmpbsa_py_energy as a work around as well?

Of course, you can do everything that is automated in the python
script by hand. Just make sure you do all the bookkeeping correctly.
However, my gut feeling is that most memory usage in the mmpbsa run is
due to PB, so doing it manually wouldn't help in your case.

All the best,
Ray
--
Ray Luo, Ph.D.