Re: [AMBER] Checking bonds commanded with leap

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 09:37:57 +0100

xparmed.py my.parm7

allowed to just clicking on "printBonds". As a mask, after some trial and
error, I used

":protein-residue","active-center-residue"

As far as I can understand, the output bond strength is the one I set in
the parameters, while Rmin does not correspond to the actual interatomic
distances (particularly as to the couple of too long bonds I have, 3 and
4A). Rather, it should correspond to just Rmin for such a bond. I was
surprised that it outputted Rmin for also iron-other_element bonds, most of
which are still to be assessed (I gave grossly estimated values, just to
see whether leap works with my files).

To the latter concern, has anyone developed and independent (independent
from tools on AmberTools) working out of the Cartesian matrix for complex
cases dealt with "ab initio" as in my case?

thanks
francesco