Re: [AMBER] RMSD calculation of a homodimer

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 17:32:12 -0700

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Ibrahim Said <saidibrahim569.gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Amber users
> I ran a Molecular Dynamics simulation for 10ns. My protein is a homodimer
> composed of two subunits. The two subunits are with different residue
> lengths (x-ray file). Please, can I find a hand to write ptraj.in script
> for calculating the RMSD of the two subunits individually. My Amber is
> version 12.

First, I recommend upgrading to AmberTools 14 for analysis (freely
available here: http://ambermd.org/AmberTools14-get.html).

To calculate the RMSD of a single subunit to the first frame using
cpptraj, use something like the following input:

parm myparm.parm7
trajin mytraj.nc
rms first <mask> out rmsd.agr

where <mask> is an Amber atom mask expression that describes the
subunit of interest (e.g. :1-130 for residues 1 to 130, etc).

See the cpptraj section of the Amber14 manual for more on atom masks
and the rmsd command. Also check out tutorial C1, which explicitly
covers RMSD calculation with cpptraj
(http://ambermd.org/tutorials/analysis/tutorial1/).

-Dan

> thank you in advance,