Re: [AMBER] pmemd.MPI fails to run

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 20:19:14 -0800

My suggestion would be to just use a queueing system. I don't currently
use one myself, but classics NQS and PBS stem from the supercomputer
center building I worked at at NASA while I was the secretary and Leap
programmer for AMBER, and they were a natural fit even before clusters
came along.

Vis a vis clusters, GPUs seem to be the thing these days - noting that
there is now peer-to-peering with them, they could be schedulable as
singles or doubles (granularity a queuing system would help with). E.g.
if you have the advertised hardware to create the need:

     http://ambermd.org/news.html#4Ux8GPU

The more that is invested in hardware, the more likely it is shared
and/or optimized with a queueing system.

Bill