Re: [AMBER] How to analyze REMD results

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 22:10:59 -0500

Can you tell us more about what you mean by "the potential energy surface
of the protein"? Are you trying to reproduce something that you have seen
in a publication? You can obtain free energy surfaces, but you would need
to decide what coordinates to use for mapping the potential of mean force,
and that depends a lot on what you did in these remd simulations, how well
converged they are, and especially what you are trying to learn. Without
knowing that it isn't possible to help other than to tell you to use a
program like cpptraj to extract data from each snapshot, and if you want
free energies, convert the histograms fractions to relative free energies.
If you really want potential energies, they are in the output file already,
but I suspect that that is not really what you want.
Hope that helps.