[AMBER] Singe point QM/MM energy using Gaussian interface

From: Bence Hégely <hoemberr.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 19:37:43 +0100

Dear Amber Users!
I'm trying to calculate single-point QM/MM enegy using Amber-g09 interface.
My problem is that although I'm using maxcyc=0 command in the amber control
file the gaussian is called two times: after the first call, amber
acknowledges that the max minimization cycles is reached, then doing a
second gaussian call before printing the final results. Is there a way to
drop the second call?

I'm using the following inputs in the Amber control file on the Amber
example N-methylacetamide:
Initial min of our structure QMMM
 &cntrl
  imin=1,
  maxcyc=0,
  cut=8.0,
  ifqnt=1
 /
 &qmmm
  iqmatoms=1,2,3,4,
  qmcharge=0,
  spin=1
  qm_theory='EXTERN',
  qm_ewald=0,
 /
 &gau
  use_template=1,
  debug=1
 /
And the template file includes:
# MP2 cc-pVDZ

I read around the Amber manual and mail list, but couldn't find a proper
answer. At least, gradients are not calculated. Sorry if i missed something
out, but any help would be appreciated.

Bence Hégely