Re: [AMBER] production run for diffusion constant

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:45:51 -0700

Hi,

You will want to run in the NVE ensemble (i.e. ntp=0, ntt=0) so you
don't have effects from barostat/thermostat and make your timestep 1
fs maximum. You could also run with a weak-coupling thermostat
(Berendsen, ntt=1) with a very long coupling time. As an example, see
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp0761564.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Robin Jain <robinjain.chem.gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have equilibrated a organic molecule in 2048 methanol molecule in NPT
> ensemble. Now i want to calculate diffusion constant,so what must be the
> methodology for further MD run and what must be the input file for that.
> Please help me in this regard.
> Thanking You in advance.
> --
> Robin Jain