[AMBER] PCA 2dprojection with xtal data and energy information

From: BERGY <nucleic81.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 15:39:58 -0700

Dear All,

 I am trying to do a PCA analysis on my simulation to compare the
conformational spread btw two sumulation. Four crystal and one NMR
structure for the same protein are already available.
I would like to do
something like the figure shown in in this aMD tutorial:

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial22/section3.htm

I am not sure ho the what energy is plotted .How it should be calculated?

For now I have done
aligning all the trajectories to the average structure and then calculate
the
projections.
-------------
matrix covar name covmat out covmat-ca.dat .CA
analyze matrix covmat out evecs-ca.dat vecs 2
projection modes evecs-ca.dat out pca12-ca beg 1 end 2 .CA
Tthe two averages from each of the two simulation our different..
Can I compare the two 2D projections?

If I have xtal.pdb , how to get the 2p for that structure and overlay on
the 2D projection plot?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Bergy