Re: [AMBER] MM-PBSA (addions)

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 07:45:16 -0500

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 14:50 +0330, Atila Petrosian wrote:
> Dear amber users
>

> My system is a complex containing protein + ligand. Based on MM-PBSA
> tutorial, I have to create three gas phase prmtop and inpcrd file pairs as
> well as one for the solvated complex:
>

> Step 1) Protein.inpcrd / protein.prmtop
>
> Step 2) ligand.inpcrd / ligand.prmtop
>
> Step 3) complex.inpcrd / complex.prmtop
>
> Step 4) complex_ solvated.inpcrd / complex_ solvated.prmtop
>

> My protein has 2 negative charges.
>

> Which step should I do addions in? Only step 4 or steps 1, 3 and 4.

Neutralizing counterions should never be used in topologies intended for
use with PB or GB. In MM-PBSA analyses, that typically means steps 1
through 3. Step 4 should be given, to the best of your ability, the
counterions needed to mimic the experimental conditions you are trying
to model.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University