[AMBER] Information on ff12polA and ff12polL

From: Manikanthan Bhavaraju <manikanthanbhavaraju.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:55:18 -0600

Hi All,

I am looking forward to perform explicit solvent protein-ligand simulation
using Amber's traditional forcefields 99SB or 12SB and a forcefield which
has CMAP correction and calculate GBSA/PBSA values with these forcefields
and compare against each other. I know that CHARMM forcefields has these
CMAP corrections. However, I noticed that Amber14 has two forcefields
ff12polA and ff12polL which comes with CMAP corrections. I tired to get
some information regarding these forcefields in Amber14 manual but couldn't
find anything. I was wondering can anyone comment about the usefulness or
limitations of these two forcefields? Are these polarizable forcefields?
Can they be used for protein-ligand simulations?

Thanks,

Mani