Re: [AMBER] Monitoring GPU voltage

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 16:14:59 -0500

> On Dec 4, 2014, at 3:08 PM, Kenneth Lam <kenneth.lam.zh.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> We're unable to monitor the voltage going to our GTX 680s and 780s. We
> have been trying to use nvidia-smi to do so, but it does not support any
> cards past the GTX500 series. Is there a recommended software that works
> with current gen GPUs (GTX 680+) and works on Linux, or should this be done
> at the hardware level? If yes, what would you recommend? Thanks!

This has been discussed in the nVidia forums before with some fixes to NVML being proposed (really more of a band-aid). You can try the fixes discussed there (may be outdated). Alternatively, I think you can also get that information in nvidia-settings.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/560248/system-management-and-monitoring-nvml-/bug-nvml-incorrectly-detects-certain-gpus-as-unsupported-/ <https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/560248/system-management-and-monitoring-nvml-/bug-nvml-incorrectly-detects-certain-gpus-as-unsupported-/>

These statistics *are* reported for the Tesla line, so I’m not sure if this is a marketing move that nVidia is using to promote their HPC line or what (but according to the above thread, such reporting _is_ supported in hardware for those cards).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher