Re: [AMBER] Problem with triangular point in parameter file

From: Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 14:53:42 -0800

Dear David,

Sorry for the missing information - so I am trying to create an octahedral
geometry with six point charge around the main atom.
So I have create a library file through xleap with six dummy atom DD1-DD6
where DD1 and DD4 is the same type such that it forms two triangles.
I have named the dummy atoms DD1-DD6 and made bonds such that all dummy
atoms are connected to the main atom and the rest are interconnected in the
following way in the library file:

!entry.ZNA.unit.connectivity table int atom1x int atom2x int flags
 1 2 1
 1 3 1
 1 4 1
 1 5 1
 1 6 1
 1 7 1
 2 3 1
 2 4 1
 2 6 1
 2 7 1
 3 4 1
 3 5 1
 3 7 1
 4 5 1
 4 6 1
 5 6 1
 5 7 1
 6 7 1

mirror atoms are not connected directly e.g. 2-5, 3-6, 4-7. All torsion
angles are set to zero in the parameter file for the complex.
I get a lot of warning when I built the complex - this one I ignore:

WARNING: expected Improper Torsion PK>0 (0.000000)
 Here is the Improper Torsion line in question:
X ZN D2-X 0.0 180. 2.
 WARNING: expected Improper Torsion PK>0 (0.000000)
 Here is the Improper Torsion line in question:
X ZN D3-X 0.0 180. 2.
 WARNING: expected Improper Torsion PK>0 (0.000000)
 Here is the Improper Torsion line in question:
X ZN D4-X 0.0 180. 2.
 WARNING: expected Improper Torsion PK>0 (0.000000)
 Here is the Improper Torsion line in question:
X D2 D3-X 0.0 180. 2.
 WARNING: expected Improper Torsion PK>0 (0.000000)

Next warning is this

+Currently only Sp3-Sp3/Sp3-Sp2/Sp2-Sp2 are supported
+---Tried to superimpose torsions for: *-DD6-DD7-*
+--- With Sp0 - Sp0
+--- Sp0 probably means a new atom type is involved
+--- which needs to be added via addAtomTypes
+Currently only Sp3-Sp3/Sp3-Sp2/Sp2-Sp2 are supported
+---Tried to superimpose torsions for: *-DD5-DD6-*
+--- With Sp0 - Sp0
+--- Sp0 probably means a new atom type is involved
+--- which needs to be added via addAtomTypes
+Currently only Sp3-Sp3/Sp3-Sp2/Sp2-Sp2 are supported
+---Tried to superimpose torsions for: *-DD5-DD7-*
+--- With Sp0 - Sp0

which I also ignore and for building the torsions I get the following
warning:

1-4: angle 6 7 duplicates bond ('triangular' bond) or angle ('square' bond)

1-4: angle 6 7 duplicates bond ('triangular' bond) or angle ('square' bond)

1-4: angle 6 7 duplicates bond ('triangular' bond) or angle ('square' bond)

1-4: angle 5 6 duplicates bond ('triangular' bond) or angle ('square' bond)

1-4: angle 5 7 duplicates bond ('triangular' bond) or angle ('square' bond)

1-4: angle 5 7 duplicates bond ('triangular' bond) or angle ('square' bond)

1-4: angle 5 6 duplicates bond ('triangular' bond) or angle ('square' bond)

which is correct but as I understand I do want to have a triangular bond.
It generates the parameter and topology file for the complex and then I get
the error trying to test the parameters:

With the initial parameters I get the following error when trying to do a
minimization

“”"
Minimization of complex
 &cntrl
  imin = 1,
  maxcyc = 10000,
  ntb = 0,
  cut = 10.0
  /
“”"

Energy minimization:
     maxcyc = 10000, ncyc = 10, ntmin = 1
     dx0 = 0.01000, drms = 0.00010
 EXTRA POINTS: nnb too small!
 nnb,ntot = 22 60

I am not quite sure how to fix this appropriately. I looked at the code for
extra_pts.F90 I tried to treat the points as regular atoms but same crash
as above. The dummy atoms have been given a low weight and vdw parameters
(3.0 and vdw = 0.050 & 0.00). I also tried the frameon=1 but resulted in a
new error:

namelist read: missplaced = sign
Cannot match namelist object name 1,

so the key word is not recognized as input. Any suggestions to how to fix
this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks