Re: [AMBER] errors in qm/mm

From: Andreas Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 22:27:33 -0800

Dear Ayesha,

You are trying to converge the SCF very tightly. Probably your electron density is well converged but not to the thresholds you requested. This might be the reason for failure. Try setting tight_p_conv=0 (this is default) and possibly scfconv=1.0e-8 which should be sufficient.

I also noticed you are using a very large cutoff. Using cut=9.0 is usually sufficient.

All the best,
Andy

--
Dr. Andreas W. Goetz