Re: [AMBER] Installation error: recipe for target 'pupildata.o' failed

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 12:55:57 -0500

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Parker de Waal <Parker.deWaal.vai.org>
wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Currently I am using GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.9.2.
>
> Unfortunately after changing len=4 to character(len=*) :: to_upper an
> error still persists:

I had GCC 4.9.1 available to test with and I was able to reproduce this
error. ​Turns out that my second suggestion worked -- that is, set all of
the string lengths in the to_upper function definition to 4 rather than *.
After making that change, sander compiled successfully for me.

I've turned this into an update that should be made available hopefully
within the next day or so. So I suggest changing pupildata.F90 *back* to
what it used to be so that this new update can be applied successfully.

I will report back when the update goes "live".

Thanks for the report!

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher