Re: [AMBER] Questions regarding GB simulations in Amber14 - ff14SBonlysc vs ff14SB - igb1 vs igb8 - hydrphobic force

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:35:02 -0500

Hi Marek,
We have not really done much more testing of ff14SB vs ff14SBonlysc for
igb=8. We did use the only school variant in our recent JACS article on
protein folding, so if you haven't seen that you can refer to it for more
discussion, including some discussion of nonpolar solvation.

You're right that at the moment it's hard to use gb for protein-nucleic
acid complexes. A frequent weakness in GB is ion pairing, and these systems
tend to have a high number of phosphate to Arg or Lys. You need to be
careful using gb for that. We do have a nucleic acid variant of GBneck2 in
process and will release it as soon as it's ready.

Carlos