Re: [AMBER] pmemd.MPI thermodynamic integration (TI) relative binding free energy set up

From: <hannes.loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 08:40:15 +0000

Hi,

so you are only mutating one atom type into another? This would mean that you have no dis- or reappearing atoms. I don't see why you would then want to use softcores or a three step protocol. Softcores imply here that none of the bonded terms contribute towards the TI gradient.

In a one step transformation you would not want to set crgmask. This mask sets all atom charges of this mask to zero.

The parmtops look fine to me.

You could also have a look at FESetup (http://www.ccpbiosim.ac.uk/flagship#fes) which I currently develop to support such calculations. You would however need to work with the current development version. Contact me off-list if this interests you.

Cheers,
Hannes.