Re: [AMBER] AM1-BCC dipole moment

From: CHAMI F. <fatima.chami.durham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 13:51:33 +0000

Hi Jason,

I run sqm with the option "printdipole=1"
the dipole moment that SQM output is for the AM1 before the bond charge correction ..AM1-BCC is
final partial charges in prepi file

in sqm.out for example the AM1 charge on nitrogen in cyano group of biphenylcyano molecule is
so different from AM1-BCC

sqm.out 14 N -0.038
ANTECHAMBER_AM1BCC_PRE.AC
ATOM 14 N 2 -8.532 1.150 0.912 -0.038000 n1
ANTECHAMBER_AM1BCC.AC
ATOM 14 N 2 -8.532 1.150 0.912 -0.363800 25

this mean i have to work out the dipole moment using the partial charges in prepi file

i just need to clarify this matter

thanks
Fatima