[AMBER] determine free available space in simulation box

From: Iqbal, Muhammad Sajid <iqbal.uleth.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 12:04:12 -0700

Hi Amber community,

I want to move a molecule between two boxes for my simulations. In order to
do this, how can I estimate the available space (where the molecule can
fit) in a box before moving the molecule without overlapping with other
molecules and how many places I can insert the molecule in a single
configuration of box. I have molecules in 3D space and I can rotate,
translate the molecules within box to get new configurations.

I would be thankful for any hit or article that might help me to write this
code.

thanks