Re: [AMBER] problem with chamber & vmd generated psf (line 2349 of file psfprm.F90)

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 22:37:48 -0400

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
> Did a git pull and ran setup.py to install (python setup.py install --user
> --install-scripts ~/bin/)
>
> Now upon starting parmed.py I immediately get an error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/Users/marcvanderkamp/Documents/work/ParmEd/parmed.py", line 11, in
> <module>
> from ParmedTools.logos import Logo
> File
> "/Users/marcvanderkamp/Documents/work/ParmEd/ParmedTools/__init__.py", line
> 12, in <module>
> import ParmedTools.ParmedActions as _PA
> File
> "/Users/marcvanderkamp/Documents/work/ParmEd/ParmedTools/ParmedActions.py",
> line 18, in <module>
> from ParmedTools.parmlist import ParmList, ChamberParm, AmoebaParm
> File
> "/Users/marcvanderkamp/Documents/work/ParmEd/ParmedTools/parmlist.py", line
> 8, in <module>
> from chemistry.amber.readparm import AmoebaParm
> File
> "/Users/marcvanderkamp/Documents/work/ParmEd/chemistry/amber/readparm.py",
> line 26, in <module>
> from chemistry.amber._amberparm import AmberParm, Rst7
> File
>
> "/Users/marcvanderkamp/Documents/work/ParmEd/chemistry/amber/_amberparm.py",
> line 26, in <module>
> from chemistry.amber.topologyobjects import (Bond, Angle,
> File
>
> "/Users/marcvanderkamp/Documents/work/ParmEd/chemistry/amber/topologyobjects.py",
> line 20, in <module>
> from compat24 import all, property
> File "/Users/marcvanderkamp/Documents/work/ParmEd/compat24.py", line 64,
> in <module>
> if not hasattr(__builtins__.property, 'setter'):
> AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'property'

​Sorry, this was careless. I was trying to add support for Python 3 to the
default install process, but it wasn't ready yet. I had meant to move this
work to a different branch, but forgot to reset my tree before pushing.
 I've reversed that last commit that is causing this problem, and the unit
tests are passing again.

I'm hopeful that it will work this time. Thanks again for continuing to
try this for me despite the fact that you've already got it working with
chamber/ParmEd.

All the best!

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University