Re: [AMBER] help

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:28:16 -0400

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014, Zeynep Topdemir wrote:

> sudo apt-get install csh flex gfortran g++ xorg-dev \
> zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev patch python-tk python-matplotlib
>
> Then, I got this message,
>
> eading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package csh

This is odd. What version of ubuntu are you using? Did the other packages
(besides csh and python-matplotlib) install correctly?

python-matplotlib is not needed at all for antechamber. csh is not strictly
needed, but lack of it will cause all kinds of problems, especially in running
the test suite.

One thing to try:

    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install csh

OR, use the GUI to (try to) install the packages you need. Without knowing
more about what OS version you have, and which software repositories apt-get
is looking at (or, without knowing more about Ubuntu that I do), it's hard
to offer more specific help.

....dac