Re: [AMBER] help

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:17:53 -0700

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Zeynep Topdemir <ztopdemir1.student.gsu.edu
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is Zeynep Topdemir. I am a PhD student at Physics Department of
> Georgia State University. I am working on Gaussian calculation on
> Photosynthetic bacteria. I need to use antechamber program. I tried to
> install amber in ubuntu. I followed the steps in the pdf I atached. I tried
> to install some compilers and libraries I need. I entered the this code.
>
> sudo apt-get install csh flex gfortran g++ xorg-dev \
> zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev patch python-tk python-matplotlib
>
> Then, I got this message,
>
> eading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package csh
> E: Unable to locate package python-matplotlib
>
> Then, I tried several codes to install csh and python-mathplotlib
> packages. However, I couldn't install them. Would
> ​​
> you please help me to install amber?
> ​​

If you just type "csh", Ubuntu should tell you what package needs to be
installed. For matplotlib, you don't need to install it unless you need to
analyze crystal simulations with the scripts provided or if you want to use
mdout_analyzer.py to graph properties from your mdout files.

You can always install matlpotlib using pip instead of apt-get if it turns
out you need it.

From the sound of it, you may also need to activate the "universe"
repository. See
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/CommandLine#Adding_the_Universe_and_Multiverse_Repositories
.

Of course, I can only speculate since you didn't tell us what version of
Ubuntu you are using and I've never seen this behavior before on my machine.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher