Re: [AMBER] sander error "Could not find cntrl namelist"

From: Asmita Gupta <asmita4des.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 21:52:06 +0530

Okay..i introduced one additional title line and now i am not getting that
message,

I have certain questions regarding setting up mdin file for smd
simulations, though

1. When i changed the cut value from 10 to 12, i got different error
messages e.g

with cut=10, sander terminates with error
= BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
= EXIT CODE: 11
= CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
= YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Segmentation fault (signal 11)

with cut=12, it terminates with
=====================================
vlimit exceeded for step 0; vmax = **********
 SANDER BOMB in subroutine nonbond_list
  volume of ucell too big, too many subcells
  list grid memory needs to be reallocated, restart sander

What Cut off value should i use, because in the prior production run i used
a cut off of 12.0

2. Say i want to pull one end of DNA helix with a velocity of 5m/s, how can
i set that in mdin file? (is it by adjusting nstlim, dt and path)

3. How can i determine the direction of pulling, whether parallel to DNA
helix axis or perpendicular to it?

Being a beginner in SMD, can you plz tell how can i set this information in
mdin file?

Thanks