Re: [AMBER] sander error "Could not find cntrl namelist"

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 15:10:54 -0400

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014, Asmita Gupta wrote:

> 1. When i changed the cut value from 10 to 12, i got different error
> messages e.g
>
> with cut=10, sander terminates with error
> = BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
>
> with cut=12, it terminates with
> vlimit exceeded for step 0; vmax = **********

These are not necessarily different errors. It looks like you have a bad
initial structure (and so are seeing integration errors on step 0). Have
you minimized your structure? Used the "checkoverlap" command to look for bad
contacts? I rather doubt that your problem has anything really to do with
the cutoff you choose.

(If you are running in parallel, switch to serial runs for debugging: that way
you won't miss any of the error messages.)

....dac