Re: [AMBER] Setting up z-constraint

From: Benjamin D Madej <bmadej.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 02:40:27 +0000

.Ylenia: The only option that is currently supported in Amber is to use distance restraints like in umbrella sampling. Note that group restraints are currently not available in the GPU-accelerated pmemd.cuda code, so you are limited to pmemd and pmemd.MPI.

.Brian: It is correct that SHAKE is only available for hydrogen bonds or a set of bonds between atoms. It is currently not possible to constrain molecules or groups of molecules with SHAKE.

.Pierpaolo: Is that all that you changed in the source code? I think this should be added as an official option to Amber so that any combination of X Y Z restraints can be selected.

All the best,
Ben Madej
UCSD Chemistry and Biochemistry
SDSC