Re: [AMBER] sudden and rapid configuration change in NVT simulation

From: yjlee <yjlee.apctp.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 15:47:17 +0900

Thank you for your response and cares, Soumendranath.

As I understand, the CPPTRAJ script that you wrote convert one of the
frame written in the mdcrd file to pdb file, after taking the water
molecules and Na+ ions away, right?

I did similar thing, using restart file and PTRAJ program. It looks
like,
however, I still have the problem.

For my case, there are only water molecules so I didn't strip out
the water molecules. Also I have individual restart files for each
frames of NVT simulation.

Here's the PTRAJ script I used

    trajin /home/yjlee/amber/purewater/rsts/NVTmd.rst_####
    trajout ./####.pdb pdb
    go

I did same thing, changing the #### to restart file name (which
corresponds
to the frame number) and loaded the pdb files with VMD. Still the
problem occurs.

ONE THING THAT CONCERNS ME IS the "autoimage" command in your script.
Since you
said it seems to be imaging problem, this command might be the
solution.

So I tried with your script, using CPPTRAJ, like this

    trajin /home/yjlee/amber/purewater/rsts/NVTmd.rst_####
    autoimage
    trajout ./####.pdb pdb

but when I run the CPPTRAJ, I found that CPPTRAJ doesn't know
"autoimage" command.

      [autoimage]
    Warning: Unknown Command autoimage.

I couldn't find "autoimage" on ambertools manual file also.

Could you, anybody, give me some suggestion?

With many thanks,

yjLEE