Re: [AMBER] sudden and rapid configuration change in NVT simulation

From: yjlee <yjlee.apctp.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 20:47:02 +0900

Thank you so much for your concerns and comments, Jason, Soumendranath,
and Daniel!

> Do you still see the apparent discontinuous jumps?
YES, it still happens when I turn OFF periodic boundary condition.
Actually the reason that I turned on pbc in VMD was to show that the
problem is not pbc problem...

> Also, what is your input file?
I use the PRMTOP file and RESTART files that recorded for every [ntwr]
steps.
For my case, [dt = 0.001] and [ntwr = -4] so new restart files were
created for every 4 steps(0.004ps).

> Please attach pdbs corresponding to 2s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 10s, 21s, and 22s
> using CPPTRAJ outtraj command.
> Also, could you possibly attach your complete output from cpptraj?
I'll send you the files, by writing mail directly to you.
(I'm new on amber mailing list. Is it possible to send file of ~10MB
size via this mailing service?)

> Is this from a single MD run?
I don't clearly understand what you mean by "single".
Here I write the steps I did. This information might be help...

  0. I made prmtop and inpcrd file with xleap.
  1. energy optimization [imin = 1] was done
  2. I did heating up process and made the system temperature as 300K
  3. NPT simulation was done to make the realistic water density (around
1)
  4. NVT simulation was done

I visualized the NVT simulation result with VMD.
(which you can check with youtube video, http://youtu.be/JpkKtBFTHEk )

> What did you MD input file look like?
Here I write the input file I used for NVT simulation.

  purewater : NVT simulation
   &cntrl
    imin = 0,
    ntx = 5,
    irest = 1,
    iwrap = 1,
    ntr = 0,
    nstlim = 12000, dt = 0.001,
    nscm = 0
    ntt = 3,
    temp0 = 300.0,
    ig = -1,
    gamma_ln = 1.0,
    ntc = 2,
    ntf = 2,
    ntb = 1,
    cut = 6.0,
    ipol = 1,
    ntpr = 4,
    ntwx = 4,
    ntwr = -4
   /
  END

Thank you very much for your concerns and comments.

Many thanks in advance,

yjLEE

> From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 08:12:07 -0600
>

> Hi,
>
> I think it would help if we knew more about the trajectory itself
> and
> how it was generated. Is this from a single MD run? What did you MD
> input file look like? Also, could you possibly attach your complete
> output from cpptraj? This will give us a few more details on your
> topology/trajectory that may help to figure out what is going on.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Dan
>
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 7:46 AM, Soumendranath Bhakat
>> <bhakatsoumendranath.gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hii;
>>
>> Please attach pdbs corresponding to 2s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 10s, 21s, and
>> 22s using
>> CPPTRAJ outtraj command. Attach those pdbs. Then we can see.
>> Command for dumping PDB
>>
>> trajin md2.mdcrd
>> autoimage
>> strip :WAT,Na+ outprefix stripped
>>
>> outtraj snapshot.pdb onlyframes 30000 (put 2000 for 2ns, 5000 for
>> 5ns, 6000
>> for 6ns here)
>>
>> trajout md2_dry.mdcrd
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Jason Swails
>> <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

>>> command works well.

>>> pdbs,
>>> VMD.

>>> I'm assuming you are turning on periodic images in VMD. Try turning
>>> those
>>> off. Just visualize the raw trajectory (of the one unit cell,