Re: [AMBER] Parametrization of non-standart residues

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 10:11:00 +0200

Dear James,

In a former email you said "I've already done it but it could not help
(the wrong atoms have been added to the adjacent residues in any case)."
-> I did not find any record about a job with your email address at
R.E.D. Server Dev.

I continue to think you should use R.E.D. Server Dev./PyRED at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/

- I want to underline that PyRED can generate force field library to
the mol3 file format, which contains information about head/tail for a
molecular fragment; so no need to define them manually or to convert a
mol2 into a off file. See
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php

- R.E.D. Server Dev. proposes a way to automatically generate
molecular fragments for nucleotide and amino acid residues;
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#26
these approaches are for classical atom connectivities between
'classical' molecular fragments...

For more complex cases a user can still use the intra-mcc1/2 and
inter-mcc1/2 keywords; which allow the generation of potentially any
type of molecular fragments...
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#15

- Now if I look at your ligand:
http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/ligand/ligandsummary.do?hetId=NRQ&sid=3SVO
this is not clear to me how you can generate a head and a tail for
this molecule; it looks like you have an imine function at N1 and a
carboxylic acid at C3; and I guess that two positions are where you
want to connect that residue in your protein...

Obviously here the automatic procedure reported at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#26 cannot
work; but using two intra-mcc1 for the COMe (pseudo_imine-COMe if I
well understood...) and NHMe capping groups should do the job. For
that residue I would not use gaff, but FF atom types as defined in
parm99... PyRED generates a LEaP script that can be modified to extend
its applications.

Once the first job executed at R.E.D. Server Dev.
see http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/faq.php#5
"When describing the problem you encountered with R.E.D. Server
Development, please also provide the 'PXXXX' R.E.D. Server Development
job name in the body of your email so that we can more easily assist
you."

For sure here PyRED will generate unknown FF parameters for your
residue, but they can be generally solved; you can provide a
frcmod.user input file in that case in a second Re_Fit job.

I hope this helps...

regards, Francois

           F.-Y. Dupradeau
                 ---