Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 15:40:20 -0400

On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 13:28 -0600, Hallel Freedman wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> Option 1 doesn't seem to work because, this way, I calculate positive large
> values of deltaG.

That's weird. You are sure it is the nonpolar solvation term causing
that? What is your surface tension? The nonpolar term with inp=1 is
typically fairly small, so I doubt using inp=2 is a fix for your
problem. (inp=1 is a much simpler model)

> I haven't tried option 2 yet.
> As far as option 3, I would like to try it, but because I am running on
> many ligands, I need to use parmed.py instead of xparmed.py. Would you mind
> giving me an example please of what I would write in parmed for this?

Something like:

change ATOM_TYPE <mask> <new value>

For each atom type you need to change, you'll need a different "change"
command.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University