Re: [AMBER] Disulfide Bond Info and XMIN Stuck Problems

From: Guqin Shi <shi.293.osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:05:21 -0400

Hi David,

I was trying to upload some of my files. But once I sent out, I receive
message from amber-bounces telling me that message body is too big and need
to be reviewed by list moderator... Can you see my previous posts? Any
other way I can show you my .nab, .job, .prmtop, .pdb, and .out files...?

Thank you very much!

Guqin

> On Tue, May 27, 2014, Guqin Shi wrote:
> > >
> > > There are 1568 atoms in my system (99 residues). Usually it stuck at
> one
> > > rms forever. I did elongate steps for some frames. And it keeps
> > > stucking.......
>
> I've never seen this behavior. [It is still unclear to me what you mean by
> the term "forever", but I'll assume(?) you mean some very large value. You
> have about 5,000 degrees of freedom, so it make take much longer than 5,000
> steps to achieve convergence.]
>
> Could you provide a prmtop file and one frame
> that is giving you problems (along with the nab code you are using)? I
> didn't
> see anything in the code you provided that would make the forces and energy
> incompatible (the usual cause of minimization failures), but maybe I missed
> something.
>
> ...dac

Guqin SHI
The Ohio State University