Re: [AMBER] PCA and the corresponding pdb

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 14:39:36 -0600

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Ibrahim Said <saidibrahim569.gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear/ Roe DR
> Thank you. Please can give me more details for this command. In other
> words, How can get parm topology.parm7

'parm' is a command which loads a topology file; in this case you
should use whatever topology you were using when you performed the
original PCA. 'readdata' reads in a data set, in this case the
eigenmodes you previously calculated with 'diagmatrix' (or 'analyze
matrix').

Note that the 'pcmin' etc. keywords are part of the 'modes' analysis
command and should be on the same line, or should have a continuation
(backslash, '\'), e.g.

modes name evecs.dat trajout PC1.nc trajoutfmt netcdf \
      trajoutmask .CA pcmin <X> pcmax <Y> trajmode 1

One last note - the mask given to 'trajoutmask' should be the same one
you used in generating the covariance matrix. The Amber 14 manual has
more details on these commands/keywords.

Good luck,

-Dan