Re: [AMBER] Analysis of minimization stage

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 20:46:14 -0400

On Fri, May 16, 2014, Valentina Romano wrote:

> Please find in attachment the files you need.

It looks like you have dihedral angle force constants of 5000 or so (!) These
are 2-3 orders of magnitude too big, and you will never be able to do
molecular dynamics with such large forces.

I think that in the past you seemed very worried about having non-planar
groups, but I don't remember ever getting a clear answer to the question of
whether you were seeing *small* or *large* deviations from planarity.

In any event, go back to what Amber or gaff suggest for the magnitudes of
these terms. They have been calibrated against vibrational frequencies of the
out-of-plane modes. It is possible that minor adjustments might be needed (the
original values were determined 30 years ago), but such changes would almost
certainly be minor ones.

....dac