[AMBER] TI(amber14's pmemd.cuda) on GPUs RE: thermodynamic integration (TI) simulation: pmemd of amber14 vs sander of amber11- vdw transformation

From: Ying-Chieh Sun <sun.ntnu.edu.tw>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 11:42:24 +0800

Hi Ross,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. They are very helpful. ... in addition,
I would like to ask another question about if pmemd.cuda and/or
pmemd.cuda.MPI support TI computations?

It looks to me ... yes they should according to your webpage info: poster
2013" Ross C. Walker - "Fast and Reliable Ligand Binding Free Energies -
Thermodynamic Integration on GPUs", Gordon Research Conference on Computer
Aided Drug Design, Mount Snow Resort, Vermont, USA, Jul 2013."

However, on amber pages or amber14 manual, the information is not clear to
me. ... the information are mostly about regular MD instead of free energy
calculation.

Sorry that, I could have been compiling myself and tested but the software
installation support here is not so handy, and we are in a process
evaluating buying (and use up budget in time) GPU machine(s) now. So I ask
for help here.

Thanks very much again.

Ying-chieh